The Westchester Academy of Restorative Dentistry was founded by Dr. Elliot Feinberg on April 15th, 1964, a renowned expert in the field of fixed and removable bridgework. Serving on the founding committee were Elbridge Devine, Arthur Bevacqua, Harry Johnson and Norman Schmagin. The Academy was chartered by the state of New York on February 15th, 1965 and is affiliated with the Ninth District Dental Society, a component of the New York State Dental Association and the American Dental Association. It is recognized by the Academy of General Dentistry as a sponsor of continuing education. The current Directors of the Academy are Dr.Edward Feinberg, Dr. Elbridge Devine, Dr. Michael Beck, Dr. John Constantine and Dr. Ellis Disick. (Click to visit the academy…)
Directors of the Academy
Drs. Janet Zaiff, Edward Feinberg, Michael Beck, Michael Teitelbaum. (Also, not shown: Dr. Elbridge Devine, Ellis Disick)
In the past, members of the Academy were graduates of Dr. Elliot Feinberg’s courses in fixed bridgework and precision attachment partial dentures. These courses, which featured live demonstrations on patients and presentations from a library of more than 100,000 slides, were given through the Ninth District Dental Society’s Continuing Education Program from 1957 to 1997.
Dr. Edward Feinberg with Academy members after giving a presentation